Will Anti-Virus Software Make Computers Faster?
One reason for why you might want to install anti-virus software is that you are worried that your system is being compromised. There is no magical ingredient in this type of security product that is going to speed up your machine directly, but it can lead to better performance of your computer because it removes unwanted software.
How Anti-Virus Software Can Make My Computer Faster?
If you have noticed that your computer is taking longer to perform tasks than usual, it could mean that your system is infected by malware. This unwanted software probably wasn’t designed with the intention of slowing down your computer, but this is a side-effect of it being on your system. What’s happening is that this malicious software is using resources that you need to run your applications.
By installing anti-virus software on your computer, you will be able to remove malware that is slowing down your system. This will then mean that the resources that were being used up this uninvited guest will be once again free for your applications. You may even decide that you feel grateful for the malware slowing things down because this alerted you that it was there – just like a fever can alert you that you are coming down with something.
Some Anti-virus Software Products Might Slow Your Computer Down
There are some anti-virus software products that can actually slow your computer down. This is because the programme needs to use up so many resources on your machine. If this security package is putting too many demands on your system, it will be that there will be fewer resources for other applications – they will slow down or possibly even crash. This is why it is always important to choose software that matches the specifications of your machine. The nice thing about quality anti-virus software is that you shouldn’t even notice that it is there protecting you in the background.
Other Benefits of Choosing Anti-Virus Software
Speeding up your computer can be just one of the advantages of installing anti-virus software on your computer. In fact, there are far more serious things to worry about with threats such as viruses, Trojans, and spyware. This malicious software could mean that your privacy is invaded or even your identity stolen. The benefits of choosing anti-virus software would include:
- A premium anti-virus software option can prevent malicious software from getting onto your computer in the first place.
- It will not only warn you when your computer is under attack, it will also resolve the situation.
- It can be used to filter spam email.
- It can prevent cookies from tracking your movements online.
- The better antivirus packages can come with some nice extras such as parental control – this helps you to keep your kids safe online.
Tips for Choosing Appropriate Antivirus Software
As we have seen, choosing the right antivirus software can make infected computers faster. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right product;
- Be sure that you avoid downloading fake anti-virus software as this can make your problems much worse. Stick to legitimate websites and well-known brands.
- Check to see that the product is suitable for your operating system and machine specifications. If you get this wrong, the anti-virus software might slow your computer down.
- Avoid pirated software because there is a high risk that this could be a fake version that contains a Trojan.
- You can try out the free version of a premium product to see how it affects your system.